Friday, April 6, 2012

Monogram Prints!

I was so excited about this project! This is the first time we have created prints in our classes. We first learned about illumination. I have always been fascinated with the beautiful illuminations of ancient religious manuscripts. We looked at both ancient illuminated letters and current day artwork it has inspired.

For our assignment I encouraged the girls to use their initial then use their creativity in decorating or illuminating their letter. We first completed drawings then imprinted our images into foam. The girls used a brayer to smooth the paint onto their foam prints and then smoothed paper over the paint. The fun part is carefully peeling back the paper to reveal your beautifully unique print! Check these out!

Alyssa
Delaney
Emma
Kadence
MadiMackenzie
Rachel
Tenley
Guest student - my 6 yr old - Olivia
I had to try it out too it was such fun!

2 comments:

  1. I love them! I want to try that one too. What kind of foam did you use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry I just now see your comment a month later! I used foam plates that we just trimmed into circles! I think they work just as well as the expensive foam that you can purchase online.

      Delete