Monday, November 29, 2010

Let it Snow!

So it was appropriate that we had snow fall last week because we our art project was to create "snowflakes!" I had several winter and Christmas books with illustrations available for my students to browse through. I asked them to come up with a single image that made them think of snow or this holiday season.

They completed a drawing of a single image. We then rotated and duplicated the image six times in snowflake fashion. They experimented with pastels and added color. The results were very individual and darling snowflakes that we mounted on sparkling backgrounds.

PS - I apologize these poor snowflakes all got cut off around some of the edges. I suppose I need a bigger scanner!
Jocelyn's spectactular snowmen.

Mackenzie's elvish snowflake.

Rachel's Rudolf.


Tree snowflake by Tyler.

No comments:

Post a Comment